We are pleased to launch our unique Candidate Assessment process and invite people to consider applying to be a candidate for the Australian Democrats for the upcoming Federal election.
Applications open: February 12th
Applications close: March 12th
- Represent their Electorate and Organisation without fear or favour
- Work in synergy with the vision, mission and values of the Australian Democrats
- Embody an ethic of service to the community
- Have the drive and capacity to source and/or raise the necessary funds to support their campaign
- Be willing to engage in door-knocking, information booths, social media and other informative events/avenues
- Work successfully and collaboratively with a Campaign Committee
- Work successfully and collaboratively with members of the community
- Work successfully and collaboratively with the broader Australian Democrats team
How are we pre-selecting candidates?It is essential to have candidates who consistently represent our Party’s values; voters must be able to trust the Australian Democrats brand, regardless of which electorate they live in. We are also committed to doing things differently, and in a political landscape marred by egos, ‘jobs for the boys’ and vested interests, our pre-screening strategy sets us apart. In keeping with our commitment to integrity, consistency and transparency, we are partnering with an award winning recruitment firm in Pinnacle People Solutions. Pinnacle People Solutions have the skills and systems to provide robust and objective assessment of candidate suitability. More importantly, their ethical values and commitment to rural/regional Australia matches our own values.
What is the Candidate Assessment Process?
The assessment process will be conducted in stages:
- Pre-screening and engagement - potential applicants receive the Candidate Prospectus and are supported with all information required to submit an application
- Stage 1 - review of written application
- Stage 2 - background checking
- Stage 3 - interview, referee checks and final recommendation Only applicants who have met the objective requirements of each stage will progress to the next step of the process.
This process is open to both members and non-members, provided they are willing to go through our processes.